Dylboznia

Thursday, May 29, 2008

I posted these comments in response to an antiwar.com blog post. I felt like spilling my guts, especially when I saw people going after the author, James Bovard, who's libertarian street cred is very well established. He may be a minarchist, but he's OK in my book, in fact, I'd rather he were president than Ron Paul. I'd wager that many of his critics are freshly minted libertarians, Paulistas eager to defend and promote their man who can be forgiven their ignorance, but I think we have to look very closely at the campaign and how its resources were used, or misused. Anyway, without further ado, my comments...


I feel screwed over, betrayed and sold-out by the Ron Paul campaign. I am a poor guy, with many debts. I work hard, and my money has to go a long way. I am a very principled, anti-government, anti-war person, by most definitions I am an anarcho-capitalist or free-marketeer. I donated money to the RP campaign expecting him to represent my views (for the most part) in the modern political environment, meaning seriously, vigorously, aggressively and with the genuine intent of fucking WINNING!!!! We gave him the money, but he played it like a typical hopeless Libertarian. $30 million is not $500,000. He was not in Badarik or Browne territory. The Ron Paul campaign had way more money than the McCain campaign, throughout 2007. They may still! He had, no, still has the GOD-DAMNED MONEY!!!! Why did he blow it?

I could not possibly give less of a shit about a speaking role at the GOP convention, where he'll be regarded as respectfully and listened to as much as Richard Dawkins or Larry Flint might be. Ron Paul may be the conscience of the Republican party, but they are, as a group, about as conscientious as drunken sailors during Fleet Week. Despite all their religious pretensions, they are all about one thing, Nationalism at any cost. It is idolatry, immoral and anti-Christian (not that I care, being an atheist, but it proves they are liars through and through). The worship of the state, the bloody, rapacious, all consuming state, above all else. If the Ron Paul campaign teaches us anything, it is that principled resistance within the system is utterly useless. Ask the thousands and thousands of veterans' families who have buried their sons and daughters, their fathers and mothers, not from combat, but SUICIDE! These veterans can't live with themselves, and their "leaders" don't care and wont help them. A recent Rolling Stone cartoon nailed it: "When the enemy commits suicide, they're in the middle of a crowd. When our kids do it, they're totally alone." The Bush/McCain GOP gives not one fucking slimy shit for the lives of the Americans they cast into the mouth of Moloch in pursuit of their fevered visions of world wide empire, nor for the money they steal from you and me, money we earn in exchange for our precious lives, time and effort we can never recover, and they see fit to dispose of it merely to line the pockets of their corporate cronies.

Ron Paul's words will surely fall on deaf ears at the convention, and that was not what I gave my hard-earned dollars to him to do. He'll be pissing in the wind. Shouting into a maelstrom. Boinking the dog on company time. Ron Paul is a wanker. A wanker I respect and admire for his convictions and his integrity, but a wanker nonetheless for wasting a lot of hopeful people's time and money. He had tremendous financial resources, a HUGE and fanatical base of volunteers ready to go balls to the wall for him, and he just diddled it away as if he were running for county dogcatcher.

THIRTY MILLION DOLLARS is over 30 Badnariks and Brownes, and the last chance we had of effecting change via the political system. Now the likes of Barr and Gravel are calling themselves "Libertarians."

Join the FSP. Get off the grid. Leave the country. Just don't get fooled again by politics.

And BTW - Bovard is of the highest caliber and integrity, a writer of unassailable character. Do not cast aspersions on him just because he is asking questions and bringing to light things that need to be examined and answered for by Ron Paul, his campaign and the liberty movement.



So there.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home